BLOM Stock Index Down this Past Week, by 0.33% to 972.12

The BLOM Stock Index (BSI) fell by 0.33% to reach 972.12 points over the last week. The market capitalization decreased from $9.50B last week to $9.47B to this week.

On average 2.37M of shares worth $11.61M were traded on the Beirut Stock Exchange (BSE) this week, compared to 21,724 shares worth $ 178,901 last week.

Regionally, during the past week, each of the S&P AFE 40, the S&P Pan Arab Composite Large Mid Cap Index and the MSCI Emerging Markets Index rose by 3.36%, 3.78% and 5.17%, respectively.

In the Arab World, the bourses of KSA, Qatar and Abu Dhabi were this week’s top gainers adding 5.38%, 3.68% and 1.97% respectively. Meanwhile, the market’s top loser was Tunisia’s Stock Indices which closed the week in the red, retreating by 0.71%.

On the London Stock Exchange, the GDR shares of BLOM Bank and Audi Bank witnessed a weekly decline of 0.54% and 5.33% to stand at $9.20 and $4.62, respectively.

On the Beirut Stock Exchange (BSE), the banking sector grasped 98.78% of the total trading value, while the real estate sector captured the remaining 1.22%. It is worth mentioning, that 9.29M shares of “Audi Bank Listed shares” worth $45.54M were traded on Tuesday.

In the Banking Sector, during the last week, BLOM Bank listed shares increased by 0.11% to reach $9.26. Moreover, Byblos Bank listed shares declined by a weekly 0.73% to stand at $1.36.

As for the Blom Preferred shares Index (BPSI), it didn’t record any weekly change and stood at 86.39 points.

In the real estate sector, Solidere A and B shares fell by 3.15% and 1.31% and to stand at $6.77 and $6.80 respectively.

A downward trend on the Beirut Stock Exchange is persisting as the political deadlock around the government’s formation continues.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *