BSI Down this Week following the Eid Holidays

The BLOM Stock Index (BSI) lost 1.29% during the past two weeks to stand at 847.25 points. Accordingly, the market capitalization slipped from the last 2 weeks’ $8.37B to $8.26B this week. Meanwhile, the average traded volume and value of listed shares grew from 35,274 shares worth $242,312 last week to 96,187 shares worth $501,677 this week.

In comparison, the regional indices registered the weekly upturns, such that the S&P Pan Arab Composite Large Mid Cap and the S&P AFE 40, rising by 1.31% and 2.78% during the last 2 weeks. However, the MSCI Emerging Markets Index decreased by 0.61%.

In the regional market, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Qatar bourses ended the week in the green increasing by 4.99%, 2.97% and 2.36% respectively during the past 2 weeks. Worth mentioning that the Saudi Arabia Equity Market joined the MSCI Emerging market in June which could trigger billions of dollars of inflows. Meanwhile, the bourses of Morocco and UAE witnessed weekly declines of 0.99% and 0.80%, respectively.

On the Beirut Stock Exchange (BSE), the real estate sector accounted for 79.26% of the total traded value, while the banking sector grasped the remaining share of 20.74%.

In details, Blom and Byblos listed shares decreased in the past 2 weeks by 6.43% and 3.20% to reach $8 and $1.21, respectively. Moreover, Audi GDR shares also witnessed a decline of 4.76% to $4.

As for the BLOM Preferred shares Index (BPSI), it slid by 0.01% to 84.87 points, owing it to the weekly decline of 1.08% recorded in the price of BEMO Preferred 2013 shares to stand at $92. However, Bank of Beirut Pref. H shares rose by 0.40% during the last two weeks to $25.

On the London Stock Exchange, BLOM GDR shares and Audi GDR shares retreated by 3.21% and 2.50% to $7.55 and $3.90, respectively.

In the real estate sector, both Solidere A and B rose by 7.44% and 5.71% to $5.49 and $5.37 respectively.




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *