BSI Recovery this Week

The BLOM Stock Index (BSI) registered a weekly uptick by 0.86% to end this week at 865.67 points. Accordingly, the market capitalization climbed from $8.36B to $8.44B in the week ending June 28, 2019. As such, the average traded value of shares rose from $327,407 to $532,679 this week. Meanwhile, the average traded volume of listed shares dropped from last week‘s  126,496 to this week’s 93,004.

Regionally, the MSCI Emerging Markets Index, recorded weekly uptick of 0.10% while the S&P Pan Arab Composite Large Mid Cap and the S&P AFE 40 witnessed a weekly downticks of 1.32% and 1.85%, respectively.

In turn, the bourses of Bahrain and UAE were top gainers, as they ended the week adding 1%, and 0.34%, respectively. Meanwhile, the bourses of Morroco and Saudi Arabia witnessed weekly downticks of 2.06% and 1.66%, respectively.

On the Beirut Stock Exchange (BSE), the real estate sector accounted for 78.54% of the total traded value, while the banking sector grasped the remaining share of 21.46%.

In details, Byblos Listed shares recorded a weekly loss of 0.81% to end the week at $1.22. Meanwhile, Audi GDR’s shares registered a weekly growth of 2.56% to $4.

In the real estate sector, both Solidere A and B shares climbed by 5.02% and 8.36% to $6.69 and $6.74, respectively.

As for the BLOM Preferred shares Index (BPSI), it remained unchanged during the week to stand at 83.70 points.

On the London Stock Exchange, Blom Bank’s GDR and Audi Bank’s GDR shares retreated by a weekly 5.96% and 0.50% to stand at $7.10 and $3.96, respectively.

The activity on the BSE in the upcoming weeks will be largely tied to the progress on finalizing a draft budget and thus a political consensus.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *