Minimal Activity on the Lebanese Stock Exchange This Week

The BLOM Stock Index (BSI) recorded a weekly an uptick of 0.25% to 784.12 points by October 11, 2019. The market capitalization over the week increased from $7.64B on October 4 to $7.66B this week. Worth mentioning that the Beirut Stock Exchange (BSE), witnessed a weak performance in terms of value and volume traded during the month of October.

In details, the average traded volume of listed shares dropped from last week’s 904,329 shares to 26,640 shares this week. Correspondingly, the average traded value shrunk to $96,297, up from last week’s $6.46M.

Regionally, the S&P Pan Arab Composite Large MidCap Index and the S&P AFE40 registered weekly declines of 1.37% and 0.99%, respectively. Respectively, the MSCI Emerging Markets Index recorded a weekly increase of 0.43%.

The region’s top gainer this week was the bourse of Abu Dhabi and Dubai which registered the respective upticks of 2.40% and 0.45%, respectively. Nonetheless, the biggest losers over the week were those of Qatar and Egypt, as they respectively fell by weekly rates of 1.57% and 1.38%, respectively,

On the Beirut Stock Exchange (BSE), the real estate sector accounted for almost the majority of the traded value with a share of 75.63%.  The banking  sector accounted for the remaining share of 24.37%.

In the banking sector, BLOM GDR shares dropped by 5.88% to end the week at $6.40. Moreover, Audi GDR shares rose by a weekly 2.78% to reach $3.70.

On the London Stock Exchange, BLOM GDR shares and GDR shares of Bank Audi witnessed significant weekly drops of 9.09% and 14.29% to $6 and $3.70.

As for the Blom Preferred shares Index (BPSI), it remains the same at 80.41 points.

In the real estate sector, Solidere A shares recorded a weekly drop by 1.07% to stand at $5.56 while Solidere B shares rose by 4.37% to reach $5.49.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *