The BSI Down this Week to 616.19 points

 The BLOM Stock Index (BSI) witnessed a weekly downtick of 0.41% to close the week at 616.19 points on Feb.21. In turn, the Market capitalization on the Beirut Stock Exchange (BSE) fell from last week’s $6.04B to this week’s $6.02 B. In addition, the Average traded volume increased from last week’s 84,874 shares worth $638,904 to 87,605 shares worth $404,981 in the week ending Feb. 21, 2020.

During the week, the regional indices, MSCI Emerging Markets Index and S&P AFE 40 added 0.98% and 0.93%, respectively while the S&P Pan Arab Composite Large Mid Cap Index declined by 0.94% .

On a regional level, the top performers over the week were the bourses of Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Tunisia which increased by 1.69%, 0.89% and 0.73%, respectively. However, the stock exchanges of Egypt and Morocco lost weekly 1% and 0.62%, respectively.

On the Beirut Stock Exchange (BSE), the real estate sector continued to grasp the highest of the total trading value at 87.36%, while the banking sector grasped the remaining share of 12.64%.

In the real estate sector, Solidere “A” shares witnessed a downtick by 0.23% over the week to $8.58 while Solidere “B” shares rose by a weekly 1.42% to stand at $8.57.

The most significant price declines recorded among Banks’ traded shares over the week were:

  • Audi Bank Listed shares by 8.79% to $1.66.
  • Byblos Bank Listed shares by 8.26% to $1
  • BLOM Bank GDR by 2.60% to $3

As for the shares with leading upticks on the BSE this week, we note:

  • BLOM Bank Listed Shares by 12.32% to $3.83

As for the Blom Preferred shares Index (BPSI), it remained unchanged and ended the week at 66.67 points.

On the London Stock Exchange, BLOM and Audi Bank’s GDR shares recorded a weekly drop by 18.40% and 17.86% to end the week at $2.04 and $1.15, respectively.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *